What is dental aesthetics? Who can have dental aesthetics?
What is dental aesthetics? Who can have dental aesthetics?
Problems in the general appearance of the teeth are an important factor that greatly affects people’s social life. When smiling, teeth that are in harmony and look pleasing to the eye have a positive effect on people’s lives. Thanks to a pleasant smile, it increases the self-confidence of the person and increases the happiness in business and private life. Dental aesthetics is representative of a beautiful smile.
Dental aesthetics is a series of cosmetic dental procedures to improve the appearance and aesthetics of the teeth. These procedures are usually aimed at making a person’s smile more attractive and are used to correct the color, shape, size, or arrangement of the teeth. This procedure can also be used to correct chipped, worn, or decayed teeth.
Crowded teeth, large gaps between teeth, or discolored teeth can have a negative impact on your smile. Apart from these previously made veneers with poor harmony and color, darkened fillings and gum problems also negatively affect both your oral and dental health and your aesthetic appearance.
For all these reasons, dental aesthetic applications are important to contribute positively to the general and mental health of the person. Every person who is uncomfortable with the appearance of their teeth can achieve the desired appearance with the treatment method that will be planned most suitable for them after a specialist examination.
There are a number of different applications and procedures to achieve dental beauty. Which application is suitable for the person is determined by the current condition of the teeth, aesthetic preferences, and the dentist.
Some common applications used to provide dental aesthetics:
- Teeth Whitening: It is the process of whitening the color of the teeth. It can be done by the dentist with in-office bleaching or home bleaching kits
- Porcelain Veneers Porcelain or composite resin veneers are used to smooth the front surface of the teeth and give them an aesthetic appearance.
- Aesthetic Fillings: Aesthetic fillings in the color of the teeth are used to correct cavities, stains, or fractures.
- Braces: Orthodontic treatment can be applied to correct misalignment of teeth or gaps between them. There are different options, such as traditional braces, clear aligners, or lingual braces.
- Dental Implants: A natural smile can be recreated by replacing missing teeth with implants.
- Tooth Contouring: Minor corrections can be made to correct the shape and size of teeth. Overly long teeth or sharp corners are corrected.
Smile Design: It is a dental aesthetic plan customized according to the person’s facial structure and preferences. It can involve multiple procedures and can completely transform a person’s smile.
- Closing Tooth Gaps: Various methods are used to close the gaps between the teeth. This process makes the teeth look straighter and more aesthetic.
- Tooth Jewelry: It is possible to add an aesthetic touch with small charms or jewelry worn on the teeth.
Each of these procedures offers solutions for different dental problems. Dental procedures are first planned after an assessment with the person’s dentist. They are tailored to the individual’s specific needs and goals. The success of dental aesthetic procedures depends on the individual maintaining regular oral care and following the dentist’s recommendations.
In which cases should one consult a dentist?
- If you are trying to cover your teeth while laughing,
- If the patient does not like the tooth structure and it is not attractive to him/her,
- If the color of the teeth is not satisfactory,
- If he/she has a problem with his/her gums due to crowded teeth,
- If the gums on the upper and lower lip are too visible during the smile,
- If there are gaps between the teeth,
- If he/she wants to regenerate or replace his/her missing teeth
- If there is a defect, filling, fracture, etc., in the front teeth, it is useful to see a dentist.
What are the Factors Affecting Aesthetic Smile?
One of the most important factors affecting dental health can be explained as the suitability of horizontal planes. For an aesthetic smile, the line passing through the corners of the lips, pupils, and sharp edges of the teeth should be parallel to each other.
The smile line is another prominent issue. The curve drawn to join the incisors of the front teeth should be the same as the curvature of the lower lip. The ideal harmony in these lines makes the person look more attractive and younger. Tooth shape is different in men and women.
- The corners of the teeth are more rounded.
- The laugh line is curved upwards.
- Teeth are more angular.
- The smile line is straighter.
What are the advantages of dental aesthetics?
What kind of beauty does dental aesthetics add to a person, and what kind of appearance do you get? We have listed your transformation in items:
- Increased Self-Confidence: Thanks to these aesthetics, self-confidence can increase when a person’s smile and teeth become more attractive.
- Aesthetic Appearance: This procedure can correct a person’s teeth in a more aesthetic way so they get a more attractive smile.
- Health Improvements: Cavities or other dental problems are also corrected during tooth replacement, which can improve a person’s oral health.
- Long-Term Results: Many dental procedures provide long-term results. This can result in a person having a better smile and dental health for a long time to come.
- Personal Satisfaction: Smile Desing makes a person more satisfied with their own appearance. It satisfies people.
You can get support from Cinik Dental experts for a happy smile and a healthy smile. You can learn all the curiosities about your dental health from our experts and visit our clinic for an examination.